Measuring Water in a Dividing Box
There are different characteristics to dividing boxes. Boxes come in all sizes. The usual picture of a dividing box shows the water being split into two parts. But dividing boxes can divide the water into multiple units.
To accurately measure and divide water thru a dividing box the following information is needed:
- The width of each side of the box in inches.
- The amount of water that is to be delivered thru each side of the box.
|Side A||Side B|
|Width: 48.0 inches||Width: 24.0 inches|
|Order: 4.5 rights||Order: 1.5 rights|
- Divide the width of each side by the number of rights to be delivered in that side.
- Side A: 48.0 inches / 4.5 rights = 10.67 inches/right
- Side B: 24.0 inches / 1.5 rights = 16.0 inches/right
- Select the smallest of the resulting numbers (10.67 and 16.0).
- Multiply the selected number by the rights in each side.
- Side A: 10.67 inches/right X 4.5 rights = 48 inches
- Side B: 10.67 inches/right X 1.5 rights = 16 inches
- Set the boxes. The opening of Side A needs to be 48 inches wide. Side B needs to be 16 inches wide.
For boxes that split the water three ways you will have three calculations to make in part 1 (one for each opening). Select the smallest of the 3 numbers to use for the calculation in part 3. Set the boxes.